It is not legal to use rental possibilities as airbnb, homeexchange, homeswap etc. in student accommodations.

Acording to the law for student accommodations it is only individuals who fulfil the criteria for these specific housing types who may live in these residence. This includes that the resident must be in education. In addition, you must not use the residence for reasons other than those agreed. This, amongst other things, means that you must not earn money on your accommdation. 

If you would like to sublet your accommodation for at period, the sub-letter must be in education, Kollegiekontoret must approve the subletting conditions, and all other conditions for subletting must be met. (Read more about sublease in the informaton folder)

If a residence is illegally rented out, the lease will be terminated.

If you want cableYou must contact the supplier, Bolignet-Aarhus.dk  Here you can see what channels the TV packages have and what they cost. 

Please note that even if you choose not to buy any TV-packages, you are obliged to pay for the operation and maintenance of the aerial facility. 


Electronic devices often contain lithium-ion batteries, which can pose a risk of explosion and fire, especially if they have been subjected to impacts, shocks, or overcharging.

Read about the correct way to charge electronic devices.

Below is a picture of an apartment in a dormitory where a bicycle battery overheated during charging.



You are obliged to help cleaning the shared areas. Se the menu option cleaning

Dialogue is always better than conflict, but if a conflict is impossible to solve, you have the opportunity to complain. Your complaint must be in writing and only exceptionally concern incidences more than two weeks old.

If you want to file a complaint aganist a fellow resident, you must make a written complaint outlining whom the complaint is made against, what the complaint is about and when the reason for the complaint took place. Send your written complaint to the estate committee. The complaints can only be made anomymously in exceptional cases. However you may remain anonymous to the person you are complaining against. The anonymity can no longer be maintained if the complaint is sent to the tenants’ complaint board (Beboerklagenævn). The complaint will only be sent to the Beboerklagenævn by agreement with the complainant.

You can use Kollegiekontoret's complaint form which you can find in the menu option forms.

The complaint must be sent to klage@kollegiekontoret.dk

Kollegiekontoret treats the complaint and assesses if the tenant the claim is against is to have a written warning.

In case of repeated written warnings regarding the same violation of the house rules, the violating tenant's lease may be cancelled (with 3 months notice) or terminated (with short notice). 

In very serious cases Kollegiekontoret can terminate the lease without further notice. 

If your complaint has been treated and you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can address the tenants’ complaint board (Beboerklagenævn) of the municipality. 

The tenants’ complaint board e.g. deals with issues regarding:

- the condition of the residence when moving in and out
- house regulations, harassment etc. 
- right of disposal
- water and heating accounts

The tenants’ complaint board can e.g. make decisions regarding whether:

- a decision in the resident democracy is valid
- a resident must have a warning
- the resident must be given a conditional notice (the lease will be cancelled or terminated if the resident violates the same house rule again) 

Both residents and hall of residence can move on to the rent tribunal if they are dissatisfied with a decision made in the tenants’ complaint board. However, possible warnings are final.

Find further information regarding the tenants’ complaint board on: www.aarhus.dk/beboerklage (only available in Danish). 

According to the fire preventive regulations, entrances, corridors, balconies, stairs and emergency exits must be cleared of all objects (bookcases, mattresses, clothes horses etc.).

Once a year, the fire authorities conduct an inspection of the fire prevention without notice to check that the fire regulations are observed. They make protests and sometimes impose fines if the corridor areas etc. are not cleared. The caretaker may also remove objects in the corridors etc. without notice.

Please also make sure that escape routes on e.g. parking lots are kept free of cars, bicycles, prams etc.

Only applies to residents who move from the dormitory. The person responsible for the household purse can contact Kollegiekontoret as soon as they are aware of a deptor is going to move out. 

When a resident moves out there is 14 days processing time for the final moving out settlement, so we have time to collect the money, even if the person in question has moved out. However we recommend you to contact Kollegiekontoret as soon as possible. 

When the person who moves out has received his final settlement of accounts, you can no longer claim the dept to the household purse via Kollegiekontoret.


Copy of the accounts which shows the due amount.
Proof that you have tried to contact the resident, who has moved out (Text message, email, messenger or the like). It should appear on the messsage, that the due amount will be deducted from the deposit in case of non-payment. We recommend to to give a short deadline for payment/response (for example noon the following day). 
The above mentioned documentation and/or possible question can be sent to Natalya at nas@kkia.dk 

If you live in an apartment it is allowed to install a dishwasher, if the electricity, water and sewer system has enough capacity for it. 

Kollegiekontoret must authorise the the application before you install a dishwasher. 

Application for installation of a dishwasher

Send the application to the house inspector of the hall of residence (find contact information under the caretaker tab).

Please contact the caretaker if the bell does not function any more.

While stock lasts it is possible to borrow the following furniture: Box mattress, desk, office chair, drawer, architect lamp coffee table, bookcase, and armchair. NB It is mandatory to buy the accompanying mattress topper, when borrowing a box mattress. 

Practical information:
To borrow furniture, you just have to go to the furniture depot within the normal opening hours. If there are furniture in your rental, when you move in, you need to return them to the furniture depot, if you do not want to keep them in your room/apartment. 

Consumption of heating is included in the rent.

Kollegiekontoret has effected an insurance of buildings for the hall of residence. It covers buildings and the fixed installations in case of fire, storm, cloudburst, pipe burst etc. 

The insurance of buildings does not cover your personal belongings (tablet, PC, mobilephone etc.), so you must take out your own house contents insurance. 

Please make sure it covers rehousing in case you have to vacate your residence for a period due to e.g. water damage. 

We will also encourage you to take out an accident insurance. 

Please note that no insurance covers burglary in case of unlockeed doors. Therefore always remember to lock the doors of e.g. lumber rooms, laundry and bike room. 

You have the possibility to move internally in your hall of residence.

Applicants for an internal move have first claim to an available room/flat in the hall of residence they are living in. Internal moving can only take place in the hall of residence you are living in. Two person applicants have first claim (before internal one person applicants) to  two room apartment to two  room apartments.

If you wish to move to another hall of residence, you have to apply on StudenthousingAarhus.com Subtenants cannot apply for an internal moving, you can neither apply for internal moving if you have given notice of termination. 

If you want to apply for internal moving, go the menu option forms ("other forms") and fill in the application for internal moving. 

If you decline an offer, your application for an internal move will be deleted. 

NB You may be offered an internal move before the expiry of the term of notice on you present accommodation. Therefore, you may have to pay rent for two accommodations in a period of time. The deposit/advance payment for your present accommodation will not be returned until 2 weeks after the expiry of the tenancy. So if you apply for an internal move, you must make sure to have money ready for the first month’s rent as well as deposit/advanced payment for your new accommodation.

You already have internet access from Bolignet-Aarhus in your wall socket. You just need to connect your computer to the socket in the wall using a network cable (LAN) and type mit.bnaa.dk in your browser. An order page will appear, where you can register as a customer. Shortly after you have registered, you will be online. 

Please notice that you will have to buy a router if you want to access the internet wirelessly (WiFi). That way you are sure to get a router that fits your exact requirements.

If you have questions or need help, please contact Bolignet-Aarhus customer service at 82 50 50 50. The phone lines are open Monday to Friday from 10 to 19 and Saturday from 12-15. 

You are also welcome to contact us at support@bnaa.dk 


In case you lose the key to your room or flat, please contact your caretaker during normal working hours, so that he can lock you in.

Outside normal working hours you can contact a locksmith. You must pay the expenses yourself.

If you lose your keys, you must furthermore pay for the expenses of converting the lock. So take care of your keys and keep an extra key at your neighbour’s.

The use of the laundry is included in the rent.

Long-tailed silverfish live well in cardboard and therefore often enter the home via for example moving boxes or boxes with good. Read more about long-tailed silverfish and how to get rid of them HERE (english version, second page).

The residents share the lumber room. Every tenancy has shelf space for storage of small things.

As a resident in one of Kollegiekontorets residences, you have access to Min Side (My Page) from the day you move in (cf. the lease). Here you can among other things see your rent, documents from Kollegiekontoret, report defects and allow the caretaker to access your residence to do repair work.

You can access Min Side at the menu option at kollegiekontoret.dk (in the top right corner) or via the link:


You log in with your email address, and then you receive a one-time password per email.

See the rules for the use of the multimedia room

Rules for the multimediaroom

You must use our termination form, if you want to terminate your lease. You can find the termination form in the menu option forms

The residence must be cleaned and cleared and your keys must be dropped off at the caretaker’s no later than 8 a.m on the moving out day. 

Pets are not allowed at Ravnsbjerg Kollegiet

The rent must be paid on the 1st working day of each month at the latest. If you pay later than that, a fee of DKK DKK 326 (2024 standard) will be included in next month’s rent. You may choose between the following three methods of payment:

1. Nets (payment service). We recommend that you use this method of payment, as it is the cheapest and easiest for all parties. Nets is free and can be discontinued at any time. You can join the service on the paying-in slip you receive after moving in. If you still receive paying-in slips after having joined PBS, the reason is either that the arrangement has not been effectuated or that a mistake has occurred. Please contact your bank to have this corrected.


2. Payment via paying-in slip by home-banking or in the bank. This method of payment costs you a fee every month. If you do not receive a monthly paying-in slip or if the slip is lost, it is your responsibility to make sure that the rent is paid on time. You can pay to Kollegiekontoret’s giro account no. 913 0187. Please remember to state your name and your hall of residence address or your “lejemålsnr.” This method of payment also costs you a fee every month. 


3. By home banking to reg.no. 3627 and account no. 0009130187. Please remember to state your  name and your hall of residence address or your “lejemålsnr.” 


If you pay from abroad please use IBAN: DK39 3000 0009 130187 and Swift/bic code: DABADKKK. (Danske Bank, Holmens Kanal 2-12, 1092 Copenhagen) Please note that all costs concerning payment from abroad are to be paid by you.


No respite of payment
It is not possible to apply for respite of payment. The rent has to be paid on time.

If rent is not paid If you do not pay rent, we will first send a reminder with fee. Then the case is handed over for collection and your lease will be terminated. 

Rent increase
If rent is increased, it usually happens August 1 and it will be notified 3 months ahead, i.e. usually before May 1. Kollegiekontoret informs Nets and the housing subsidy office about the increase.

Please write to husleje@kollegiekontoret.dk if you have any questions regarding your rent. 

At least once a year, Kollegiekontoret sends out a study check to ensure that the conditions regarding living in the hall of residence are met. If you do not return the study check in time or if you are no longer a student or trainee, we will terminate you lease with a three months’ notice.

NB You are allowed to stay in your residence three months after finishing your education.

If you are going on exchange, in traineeship or other which means that you have to move away temporarily, you can sublease your room up to two years. You are responsible for finding a person (subtenant) to sublease your room to. The subtenant must be under education. Kollegiekontoret must approve the sublease contract before the subtenant is allowed to move in. 

You can find the sublease document in the menuoption forms.

You are allowed to carry on a trade from your residence, but it must not cause any inconvenience whatsoever to any of your fellow residents. The trade must not be connected with displaying of signs, stock-in-trade or personal application at your address.

Your waste much be sorted SEE HOW

Ravnsbjerg Kollegiet has its own buried waste containment system.

Make sure that the skips are not overloaded. Overloading results in the hall of residence having to pay for extra skips which consequently will lead to an increased rent.


The hall of residence has its bulky waste area. The gate can be opened with a room key.